|Philip H. Anderson|
|LT. PHILIP H. ANDERSON
KIRTLAND FIELD, Albuquerque, NM, February 10--Aviation Cadet Philip H. Anderson, former State Teachers College athlete, has been commissioned a Second Lieutenant and awarded the silver "wings" of the aerial gunner, supplementing previously won aerial gunner's insignia.
Lieutenant Anderson entered Eau Claire State Teachers College upon graduation from Chippewa Falls High School in 1937. He played high school football, and football and hockey at the college. He is the son of Mrs. Eva A. Peterson, 711 East Twelfth Street, Milwaukee.
Prior to his advanced training at Kirtland Field, where he successfully completed eighteen weeks of flight and combat training in high-level precision bombing and navigation, he was stationed at Kingman, Arizona, where he received the "wings" of the aerial gunner, upon graduation from the Army Air Forces Flexible Gunnery School.
He had previously served at Hickam Field, Hawaii, before being accepted as an Aviation Cadet.
Now ready for active duty, his destination is not disclosed.