Arland O. Harlson

Serve on the Seas or Overseas

PFC. CHARLES HARLSON PVT. ARLAND HARLSON
Two brothers enjoyed a four-day pass together recently when Private First Class Charles Harlson and Private Arland Harlson, sons of Mr. and Mrs. Charles Harlson, 115 Niagara Street, met on an island in the Pacific.

Charles entered the Army in April 1942 and received his training at Fort Sheridan, IL; Camp Forrest, TN; Fort Lewis, WA; and in California.

Arland enlisted in the Marine Corps on February 1, 1943 and received his training at San Diego, CA and Camp Pendleton, CA, going overseas in June 1943.


Pvt. A. O. Harlson at Coast Hospital
PVT. ARLAND O. HARLSON
U.S. NAVAL HOSPITAL, San Diego, CA—Private Arland O. Harlson of 115 Niagara Street, Eau Claire, WI, is recovering in the U.S. Naval Hospital at San Diego, CA from wounds suffered at Iwo Jima.

The son of Mr. and Mrs. Charles C. Harlson of the Eau Claire address, Private Hanson was a Browning Automatic Rifleman in the Fifth Marine Division. He was wounded in the left leg by machine gun bullets during the fighting for the No. 2 Airfield.