|Harold (Hod) E. Hoepner|
|Miss Lorraine Hering Weds Cpl. Harold Hoepner|
CPL. & MRS. HAROLD HOEPNER
Mr. and Mrs. A. G. Hering of 302 Grand Avenue West announce the wedding of their daughter, Lorraine Vernone Hering to Corporal Technician Harold (Hod) Hoepner, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Hoepner of 1239 South Farwell Street.
The double-ring ceremony took place on Tuesday, April 20, at the Epiphany Lutheran Church, before an altar decorated with lavender hydrangeas and pink spirea. The Reverend F. J. Werth officiated.
Preceding and during the ceremony, nuptial music was played at the organ by Mrs. Olive Dahl and, during the ceremony, Miss Bonnie Werth sang Oh, Perfect Love.
The bride, who entered on the arm of her father, wore a dressmaker suit of jonquil yellow with accessories in turf tan. Her corsage was of red roses, gardenias and orange blossoms.
Serving as maid of honor was her sister, Miss Dolores Hering, who wore a suit of watermelon pink with accessories in navy blue. Her corsage was of white roses. Her bridesmaid was Miss Mildred Hoepner, sister of the groom, who wore an identical suit of lavender with black accessories and a corsage of white roses.
The groom was attended by his brother, William Hoepner, Jr., as best man, and Eugene Hering, brother of the bride. Serving as ushers were Harold Hering and Roy Fontain.
Mrs. Hering, mother of the bride, wore a black suit with turf tan accessories, and Mrs. Hoepner, mother of the groom, wore a dress of black silk with accessories in black and white. Each wore a corsage of Talisman roses.
Fifty guests attended the wedding dinner for the members of the immediate family, held following the ceremony at the home of the bride's parents. The bride's table was centered with a large wedding cake decorated with flowers. Following dinner, a reception was held for friends and relatives of the young couple.
A post-nuptial shower was given, honoring the young couple at the home of the groom's brother, John Hoepner.
Both Corporal and Mrs. Hoepner are graduates of the Eau Claire High School and Corporal Hoepner also attended the State Teachers College. For two years, he was pitcher for the Eau Claire Bears and was bought by the Minneapolis Millers, just before he entered service, so he was unable to accept the post at that time. Mrs. Hoepner was employed by the Fleming Jewelry Company before her marriage.
Corporal and Mrs. Hoepner left on Friday for Camp Robinson, Little Rock, Arkansas, where they will reside temporarily.
Harold E. Hoepner, son of Mr. and Mrs. William Hoepner, 1239 South Farwell Street, has been promoted from the rank of Corporal to that of Sergeant in the Army. He is stationed at Camp Fannin, Texas.
|SGT. HAROLD E. HOEPNER
Sergeant Harold E. Hoepner has arrived in France, according to word received by his wife, who lives here.
He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. William Hoepner, 1239 South Farwell Street, this city.
Sergeant Hoepner entered the service two years ago last July. He is in the Infantry.
He received his training at Camp Robinson, AR and Camp Fannen, TX.
Sergeant Harold E. Hoepner, son of Mrs. Helmina Hoepner, 1239 South Farwell Street, and Technical Sergeant Harold W. Bartig, husband of Mrs. Arlene J. Bartig, 622 Galloway Street, have been awarded Combat Infantryman Badges.
Bartig is with the 386 Regiment, 98 Infantry Division, and participated in the Ruhr Pocket and Czechoslovakian Campaign.
Hoepner is with the 311 Regiment of the 78 Lightning Division, Rifle Company. He participated in the Germany battles for the Siegfried Line, Schmidt and Roer Dams, Remagen Bridgehead, and Ruhr Pocket.