|Russell W. Larson|
Private Russell W. Larson has been graduated from the Army Air Forces Flexible Gunnery School at Tyndall Field, FL, one of the largest schools of its kind in the Army Air Forces Training Command. Upon his graduation, the soldier received a pair of silver wings, signifying that, now, he is ready to take his place as a member of the combat crew of an Army Air Forces bomber. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. A. T. Larson, who reside at 412 Putnam Street.
|Corporal Gordon E. Larson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold
Larson of 412 Putnam Street, has arrived safely somewhere in England,
according to a letter received by his parents.
He entered service on February 19, 1943 and received his training at Camp Butner, NC and attended the State College of Engineering at Raleigh, NC, receiving his diploma in March 1944. He then was sent to Fort Jackson, SC until he left for overseas.
He is serving as Company Clerk with a Combat Engineer Unit.
He has a brother, Private First Class Russell Larson, in the Air Corps who just graduated from Gunner's School at Tyndall Field, FL and is now spending an 18-day leave with his parents here, before reporting at Lincoln, NE for his next phase of training.
Russell W. Larson, who is stationed at the Army Air Base at Pueblo, CO, training for ball turret gunner and assistant engineer on a B-24, has been promoted from Private First Class to the rank of Corporal. He is the son of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold Larson, 412 Putnam Street.
|Russell Larson to Be Member of Liberator Crew|
|CPL. RUSSELL LARSON
Corporal Russell W. Larson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold T. Larson, 412 Putnam Street, Eau Claire, is completing his training as ball turret gunner on a Liberator bomber at the Pueblo, Colorado Army Air Base.
A graduate of Eau Claire Senior High School, he entered the service in June 1944.
Corporal Russell W. Larson, son of Mr. and Mrs. Arnold T. Larson, 412 Putnam Street, is completing his training on a Liberator bomber at the Pueblo, CO Army Air Base. He is the ball turret gunner of his crew. Larson entered the service in June 1944.