John L. Middlekauff

FLIGHT TRAINING
Cadet John L. Middlekauff, son of Mr. and Mrs. M. J. Middlekauff of 1008 Second Avenue, Eau Claire, WI, has just been transferred to the Stuttgart Army Air Field at Stuttgart, AR, where he will  undergo the last phase of flight training, prior to receiving his wings as a combat pilot. Prior to becoming a cadet in the Air Corps, he was a telephone equipment man.

Commissioned Army Pilots
LT. J. P. MIDDLEKAUFF
The silver wings of the Army Air Forces and commissions as Second Lieutenants were presented to John L. Middlekauff of 1008 Second Avenue, Eau Claire and Jeremy P. Ward of Sixth Avenue, Durand at the Stuttgart Army Air Field, Stuttgart, AR on February 8.

Lieutenant Middlekauff is the son of Mr. and Mrs. M. J. Middlekauff of Eau Claire. Before entering Aviation Cadet training, he was connected with the Wisconsin Telephone Company.

Lieutenant Ward is the son of Mr. and Mrs. N.P. Ward of Durand. Before entering Aviation Cadet training, he was a student.

Lieutenant Middlekauff and Lieutenant Ward now go on to a transition flying school for further combat training in larger aircraft.


Lieutenant and Mrs. J. L. Middlekauff and daughter, J'Ann, have left for Shreveport, LA, after spending a [?]0-day furlough with their parents, Mr. and Mrs. M. Middlekauff, 1008 Second Avenue, and Mr. and Mrs. S. [?] Staake, 431 Hudson Street.

Pilot is Promoted to 1st Lieutenant
LT. JOHN L. MIDDLEKAUFF 
Lieutenant John L. Middlekauff, first pilot on a B-26 Marauder with the First Tactical Air Force, based in France, has been promoted to First Lieutenant as of April 14, according to word received by his wife, Mrs. Ruth Middlekauff. 

Lieutenant Middlekauff, who is a son of Mr. and Mrs. M. J. Middlekauff, of this city, was wounded in action over Germany last December and was awarded the Purple Heart. He has also been awarded the Air Medal and also has a Presidential Unit Citation. 

Lieutenant Middlekauff entered the service in January 1942 and was commissioned a Second Lieutenant on February 8, 1944, after completing the course at the twin-motored pilot training school at Stuttgart, AR. He was sent overseas in October 1944.

He has completed more than 45 [**data missing**]